The Toyo Suisan Group is sincerely concerned about the impact of the palm oil industry on the environment and society. We will address these concerns by adopting the palm oil procurement policy outlined below.
The Toyo Suisan Group will comply with the laws and regulations of each country and will strive to protect rainforests and high carbon stock areas. We will respect human rights throughout our supply chain and will establish transparency and traceability by joining the Roundtable on Responsible Palm Oil (RSPO).
We will comply with the following principles as a basis for palm oil procurement and in the United States, we will continue to work with the RSPO and our palm oil suppliers to achieve complete transition to sustainable palm oil by 2020.
- Commitment to transparency
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Commitment to long-term economic and financial viability
- Use of appropriate best practices by growers and millers
- Environmental responsibility and conservation of natural resources and biodiversity
- Responsible consideration of employees, and of individuals and communities affected by growers and mills
- Responsible development of new plantings
- Commitment to continuous improvement in key areas of activity